At FlexMedical Solutions (FMS), we help our customers bring their ideas to life and create a healthier tomorrow, by providing contract design, development, and manufacturing services to medical device OEMs. Our main focus is on Point of Care (POC) in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests.
We focus on the disposable component of the device and have significant expertise with point of care (POC) in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests. Our in-house capabilities range from screen printing and laser ablation of electrodes for biosensors to final device assembly, including controlled deposition of chemistries.
Established in 2015, we have continued to expand our facility to a very high standard and have successfully helped several of our clients design, develop and commercialise their products. We are now entering the next phase of our growth, as we embark on volume production.
As a highly experienced and confident Supply Chain Manager, you will bring technical and administrative expertise to the company. Having demonstrated significant purchase and supply skills in complex environments, you will understand what it takes to meet business needs at all stages of the project lifecycle from securing of contract, through design and development, to routine manufacture.
FMS is a Contract Organisation with multiple, demanding clients; as such you will be adept at managing numerous complex activities simultaneously and effectively.
You will make strategic decisions and ensure smooth service provision to the organisation. Leading and developing a successful team will be critical to the success of the role.
Working for a scale-up organisation will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to make your mark and implement your ideas, helping to enhance the company’s performance. Working very closely with the Operations Manager and other department heads, the job holder will play a key part in the growth of FMS.
Reporting to the CEO, you will: –
Provide Team Leadership
- Assume responsibility for all purchasing, planning, supplier management, logistics, and sales (distribution) activities
- Ensure the team is engaged and meets or exceeds objectives
Oversee Purchasing & Cost Management
- Ensure all materials are procured to specification, ordered, and received in timely fashion
- Ensure total cost of acquisition does not result in negative purchase price variance
- Manage excess and obsolescence position, ensuring appropriate recoveries are achieved as/when appropriate
Meet Quality & Compliance Requirements
- Ensure all supply chain KPIs are implemented, reported, and achieved
- Ensure all relevant NCs CAPAs and complaints are managed and closed effectively
- Work closely with quality to ensure finished goods are released and shipped in a compliant manner, meeting product control plan requirements
- Ensure H&S regulations are followed at all times with staff equipped, always trained, and utilising appropriate PPE
Ensure Effective Supplier Management
- Identify, approve, and review suppliers as/when required
- Work with key vendors to ensure the best position for FMS and our clients is achieved
- Develop effective working relationships with key suppliers and implement regular, formal reviews
Ensure Adequate Material Controls
- Ensure effective inventory controls are in place to eliminate likelihood of stock-outs
- Ensure GmP practices are employed in areas of stores, with clear identification of material status at all times
- Devise and implement routine cycle count procedures in conjunction with finance
- Provide first class service to R&D and operations with timely delivery of materials
Own Sales & Operations Planning Process
- Work with company leadership, Finance, and Operations to develop and implement S&OP process
- Ensure all materials and resources are available to meet plan
- Communicate with clients (directly or via project manager) appraising them of latest order status
- Work with finance to ensure effective utilisation of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central ERP solution
- Ensure team are skilled and competent using system
Provide Risk Management
- Identify supply, quality, and commercial business risks
- Implement appropriate mitigating actions for all risks identified
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
Essential to the role: –
- Qualified to degree level, ideally within a technical or supply chain discipline
- Considerable, relevant experience in the medical device industry
- In-depth knowledge of ISO13485:2016 and CFR 21 Part 820
- Understand technical challenges and interpret information including drawings and specifications
- Expert negotiator, comfortable representing the company with vendors and clients
- Highly effective leader and influencer
- Excellent communication and people skills; able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business
- Skilled user / superuser of ERP systems and able to influence system structure to best service objectives
- Excellent planning skills with ability to identify and mitigate risks effectively
- A lateral thinker that functions well under pressure
Desirable attributes: –
- Experienced with MS Dynamics (Business Central) ERP solution
- Process Excellence trained (Green/Black belt)
- Experience gained in a scaling business, developing high performance teams
- Experience writing or contributing to commercial / manufacturing / quality agreements
- Have a working knowledge of Point of Care diagnostics
Environment & Culture
FlexMedical Solutions is an evolving, scaling organisation operating in a highly regulated industry. The company is enjoying growth through success and is working on several leading-edge projects with very exciting customers.
It is a changing environment that requires you to be very flexible and willing to learn and grow with the company. It is essential that you communicate with your colleagues and contribute to the company’s success. As a provider of sub-contract services, working for FlexMedical Solutions will bring a lot of variety and excitement; initiative will be rewarded, and personal development is a given.
FlexMedical Solutions is unable to sponsor applicants for the purpose of working in the UK. To be considered for this post, you must have an existing right to work in the UK at time of application.