At FlexMedical Solutions (FMS), we help our customers bring their ideas to life and create a healthier tomorrow, by providing contract design, development, and manufacturing services to medical device OEMs. Our main focus is on Point of Care (POC) in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests.
We focus on the disposable component of the device and have significant expertise with point of care (POC) in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests. Our in-house capabilities range from screen printing and laser ablation of electrodes for biosensors to final device assembly, including controlled deposition of chemistries. Established in 2015, we have continued to expand our facility to a very high standard and have successfully helped several of our clients design, develop and commercialise their products. We are now entering the next phase of our growth, as we embark on volume production.
As a an experienced and confident Planner / Buyer, you will bring technical and administrative expertise to the company. Having demonstrated significant purchase and supply skills in complex environments, you will understand what it takes to meet business needs at all stages of the project lifecycle having been exposed to procurement in support of both R&D and commercial projects.
FMS is a Contract Organisation with multiple, demanding clients; as such you will be adept at managing numerous complex activities simultaneously and effectively.
Working for a scale-up organisation will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to make your mark and demonstrate your skills, helping to enhance the company’s performance.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will: –
- Ensure approved supplier list is adhered to as appropriate when placing material orders.
- Ensure purchase orders are placed in a timely fashion and take into account lead-times, order sizes and technical specifications.
- Ensure suppliers are adhering to relevant quality obligations and no-change agreements.
- Deploy appropriate stock management techniques to achieve zero stock out targets.
- Become expert in the company’s ERP system and help support implementation and improvement initiatives.
- Issue request for quotation’s (RFQs) and ensure costed bill of materials are accurately maintained.
- Ensure materials are procured in line with cost targets and the project is not affected by adverse purchase price variance (PPV).
- Feed into Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to ensure materials ‘clean to build’ status is achieved or mitigated appropriately.
- Liaise with 3rd parties (customers, vendors and shipping companies) to ensure controlled and timely shipments of finished product.
- Work with finance to resolve any PO / Delivery Note / Invoice 3-way match discrepancies.
- Work within the bounds of the company Quality Management System (QMS) at all times.
- Work closely with technical departments to resolve queries efficiently and effectively.
- Create production work orders and ensure production have a clear and continuous supply of goods into the manufacturing facility.
- Communicate to key stakeholders any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on the production schedule or customer orders.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
You will: –
- Be qualified to HND / Degree level in a relevant subject.
- Have demonstratable experience performing a similar role in a regulated industry.
- Be highly competent using MS Excel.
- Have a proficient understanding of supply and demand principles.
- Be competent using MS Dynamics Business Central or other finance / ERP systems.
- Be confident dealing and negotiating with third parties.
- Understand inventory control techniques.
- Be able to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Have worked within ISO13485 or similar and understand GmP.
- Be physically able to perform manual duties including some heavy lifting.
It would be beneficial if you: –
- Have worked in a medical device (diagnostics) or pharmaceutical environment.
- Have a current forklift truck license.
- Have experience in the creation of new processes and procedures.
- Have experience shipping internationally.
- Have experience dealing with hazardous materials.
- Have experience working in a contract manufacturing organisation.
- Have a current understanding of incoterms and related shipping regulations.
- Hold a green belt qualification in six sigma / process excellence.
Environment & Culture
FlexMedical Solutions is an evolving, scaling organisation operating in a highly regulated industry. The company is enjoying growth through success and is working on a number of leading-edge projects with some very exciting customers.
It is a changing environment that requires you to be very flexible and willing to learn and grow with the company. It is essential that you communicate with your colleagues and contribute to the company’s success. As a provider of sub-contract services, working for FlexMedical Solutions will bring a lot of variety and excitement. Initiative will be rewarded, and personal development is a given.