At FlexMedical Solutions (FMS), we help our customers bring their ideas to life and create a healthier tomorrow, by providing contract design, development, and manufacturing services to medical device OEMs. We focus on the disposable component of diagnostic devices and have significant expertise with point of care (POC) in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests. Our in-house capabilities range from screen printing and laser ablation of electrodes for biosensors to final device assembly, including the formulation and deposition of chemistries.
Our modern facility is based in Livingston, central Scotland, less than 20 minutes from Edinburgh airport and 40 minutes from Glasgow. Further growth means that we are expanding our premises, capabilities, and systems. With a mixture of UK and international clients, we are a forward-looking organisation with an exciting future.
We have an opening for a Technical Recruitment Specialist to join us during a planned period of ambitious growth. You will manage and support all strategic and operational recruitment related activity.
The work that you undertake will complement our existing talent pool, by managing the recruitment process, to recruit skilled and experienced individuals with strong technical backgrounds in the field of IVD, Medical Devices or Life Sciences.
Additionally, as subject matter expert for recruitment you will be responsible for devising recruitment strategy, reviewing existing processes, and devising all related policy, process and reporting tools. You will be responsible for embedding best practice, ensuring that the overarching principle of inclusive recruitment is established, and that our employees and managers are fully trained and supported to effectively recruit.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will bring first-hand expertise of end-to-end talent acquisition, from initial briefing, creation of Job Descriptions, sourcing and executive search, screening, and supporting hiring managers with interviews. As an experienced specialist, you’ll source candidates through existing networks and develop new opportunities to effectively target and attract the right candidates. You will use a variety of mediums and channels for direct marketing and create effective attraction solutions. Following interviews, you’ll provide candidate feedback and manage offers and the onboarding process.
With responsibility for our careers’ webpage and assisting with possible creation of a graduate and trainee programme, to support talent pipelines and development activities, you will make a valued and lasting contribution to FMS.
- Develop and roll out all recruitment strategy, policies, and process
- Develop methods for monitoring and recording recruitment activity
- Advise and train hiring managers on inclusive recruitment practice e.g. discrimination issues, unconscious bias and diversity and inclusion awareness, interview techniques and assessment methods etc.
- Develop candidate engagement and effective networks for sourcing and attracting top talent
- Develop and maintain a database of talent, cultivating and developing pipelines
- Create and publish adverts using a smart mix of different mediums and channels
- Review CVs, assessing for suitability and conduct phone screening
- Co-ordinate interview arrangements
- Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process
- Support hiring managers with interviews
- Analyse and report on metrics e.g. time-to-hire, time-to-fill, and source of hire
- Report on hiring plans and strategies
- Manage the FMS careers’ web page
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a Recruitment Specialist or similar role
- An established history of successful and effective employee placement for technical roles, ideally Science and Engineering based
- Experience of devising effective and inclusive recruitment policy, practice, and strategy
- Effective experience of using sourcing techniques and channels to target the best talent
- Excellent analytical skills to review CVs and report on key metrics
- Experience of delivering training or workshops
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Competent using MS Excel
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- An understanding of IVD (Point of Care Diagnostics), Medical and Life Science sectors
- Process improvement experience
- Experience of developing graduate or trainee recruitment programmes
- Batchelor’s degree in a related field
Environment & Culture
FlexMedical Solutions is an evolving, scaling organisation operating in a highly regulated industry. The company is enjoying growth through success and is working on several leading-edge projects with extremely exciting customers.
It is a changing environment that requires you to be very flexible and willing to learn and grow with the company. It is essential that you communicate with your colleagues and contribute to the company’s success. As a provider of sub-contract services, working for FlexMedical Solutions will bring variety and excitement. Initiative will be rewarded, and personal development is a given.
FlexMedical Solutions is unable to sponsor applicants for the purpose of working in the UK. To be considered for this post, you must have an existing right to work in the UK at time of application.